April 13th, 2015
A lot of people ask for my advice. Not only about dating and fashion, but also about how to stay positive.. even when life tries to knock you down.
The following tips are just things I do what makes me happy and what works for my friends to make and keep them happy. This doesn’t mean that these are the only ways to live a happy life, there are absolutely more ways.
1) Have a positive mind. Think that everything will be okay and it will.
2) Surround yourself with positive people. Being happy together makes everybody even more happier.
3) Eat ice cream. Not like in a depressed way but just a small bite once in a while. Ice cream doesn’t ask silly questions and doesn’t complain about life, ice cream understands.
4) Listen to happy music. This can be any type of music, just something that will boost your energy and makes it easier for you to smile.
5) Talking about smiling… Smile at strangers. (Not in a creepy way, but in a nice way! 😛 ) You don’t have to smile at everybody who passes you, but it really can make someones day. So just smile at a small kid from the neighborhood or a total stranger in a completely strange city.
6) Set some small goals for yourself. Big goals are great, don’t get me wrong, but small goals can be very effective for your confidence. Do a small workout every day or make at least one compliment every day.
7) Picture time!! I don’t know about you but when I scroll through my pictures at my phone at least 40% are crazy pictures with friends. These will make me smile at any time. So make pictures of things that make you smile or even laugh out loud. Laughing is good for you.
8) Be happy with what you have. If things don’t work out the way you’ve planned them that sucks, but it’s not the end of the world.. There are so many people on this world who don’t complain but have so much less than you. Look at how far you’ve come so far! It’s not about perfection, it’s about progress.
9) Spend at least one hour a day doing something that you love. This could be sporting, playing an instrument, surfing on the internet, calling with your best friend or walking the dog. You name it!
10) BE YOURSELF. Nothing is more important than being yourself. It sounds so mainstream, but there are so many people out there who are not themselves. That’s just a waste of time. Everyone else is taken so be your best self, you mean very much to someone and you’re going to mean a lot to people who you’ll meet the upcoming hours, days, weeks, months, years..
11) You should dance, wherever you are. Even if you can’t dance! There is no excuse for not being able to dance. If you want to dance you can dance and you will dance.